Dr Ali Walker is a Lecturer and Research Fellow in leadership and creating social change, the author of bestselling book Get Conscious: How to Stop Overthinking & Come Alive, and a contributor to The House of Wellness TV program on Channel 7 Australia and speaks regularly for companies, organisations and schools about leadership and wellbeing.
Ali spent several years researching consciousness, social change, and law with a doctorate from the Australian National University. Her work focuses on the question: What conditions and systems lead to personal and social flourishing?
I absolutely loved this chat with Ali and I could’ve spoken for another hour. Her understanding of human behaviour and more so her ability to communicate it, is brilliant.
In this episode we discuss:
- What it means to get conscious and live consciously.
- The 4 steps to being in the moment.
- The difference between thinking and feeling and some tools you can implement to help you navigate life better.
- Parenting tips and the importance of emotional literacy.
- Human connection, and the human connection quiz that allows you to understand yourself and others much better and how this can improve your relationships.
- And so much more.
Follow Ali online:
If you’re keen to enhance and optimise your life, with material you’ll have with you forever, check out all the info for our Mental Strength Training online program as you’ll hear discussed in the intro to this episode, at yourlifeofimpact.com/mentalstrength